I Might Just Be A Hippie

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Image Courtesy of http://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/how-olive-oil-works-3.jpg


Your probably gonna say I'm nuts, and I might just be. A while back I found Simplemom.net. I read something pretty interesting that I'm dying to try. It's the Oil Cleansing Method, a natural face cleanser using castor oil and extra virgin olive oil. Yes, I know it sounds pretty freaking nuts but I read this over and over it started to make more sense. Basically store bought cleansers strip away the natural oil that we produce, your body reacts by producing more oil. Don't get me wrong folks, I am no freakin tree hugger or anything, I just have been having bad acne issues the last few months and I have decided to try this out. I told my coworkers about it and my boss has started the OCM.
According to simplemom these are some of the benefits of OCM
• your skin will feel softer and look a bit brighter. It won’t feel tight, but it won’t be greasy, either. Olive oil has the same pH as human skin, so it’s the perfect cleansing balancer.

• The OCM also brilliantly removes makeup.

• You also probably won’t need to do this more than once per day.
There you have it. I will be trying this out this holiday weekend, and I will let you know my progress. They also have a post about a natural hair cleaner using baking soda and apple cider vinegar... I'm not sold on that idea yet.

share this on::

Facebook

Twitter

Pinterest

Digg

Add a comment »

This entry was posted on Tuesday, November 24, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...