"Little Monster Birthday"

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

 

We celebrated Dylan's 2nd birthday last weekend with a Little Monster themed birthday party. I decided to have a smaller party this year compared to his Rock Star party last year. Still, our small family party kind of was a bit bigger than planned. I even forgot about the little games/crafts I had planned because the kids were way into our last minute bounce house rental. We all had a wonderful time celebrating Dylan's big day surrounded by close friends and family.

I ordered the invitation, matching cupcake toppers and table settings from Brooke Chanel Designs.

Dylans Bday blog copy

I might be a little obsessed with candy buffets.  Thanks to Party City we were able to color coordinate the candy buffet. I also printed some of the cupcake toppers onto sticker sheets to put on the goodie boxes and made a banner that hung over the table. I bought the matching monster graphics from Peach Pops Clip Art. I printed and cut one out as the cake topper.

_MG_0434

My birthday boy hung around the table for a very long time. He loved those cupcakes.

_MG_0431 _MG_0430

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I ordered the cupcakes and cake from Sam’s. They were delicious and budget friendly.

_MG_0439  _MG_0442

_MG_0441

I love working with candy molds. My brother bought these number 2 candy molds from Ebay. The orange chocolate came from Michaels._MG_0445

I found Rainbow licorice at Party City. I bought a couple of bags and removed all the orange, green, and blue licorice, placed in this vase with orange Sixlets. I love Sixlets! I also used blue and green Sixlets in other jars._MG_0443

These napkins from The Paper Hat were a last minute find. I found these on Monday night and the party was Saturday, so I was only able to order the stock napkins that had an assortment of colors. I think they are the cutest napkins ever! Next time I will plan ahead and order custom napkins._MG_0444 

My sister and I drove to Dallas to find the perfect pinata. Monster themed parties are not a popular idea, so the only thing we found that kind of matched was this Cookie Monster. It was huge! I even bought a Triceratops pinata for Diego’s birthday party in August. Let me tell you, it was no easy task to get these in the back of the truck with both Diego and Dylan. Triceratops had to sit in my lap the whole drive home.

 IMG_0455

IMG_0460

My beautiful Two year old!

IMG_0475

IMG_0481

I hope you enjoyed our Little Monster Party!

share this on::

Facebook

Twitter

Pinterest

Digg

Add a comment »

This entry was posted on Tuesday, March 8, 2011 and is filed under ,,,,,. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...