Random Rant…

Monday, August 24, 2009

So I decided there are two types of people in this world, those who want kids, and those who don’t. Period. Well not so long ago I was one who did not want kids. Nope. I was perfectly content spoiling my bratty nieces and nephews and sending them back home all sugared up. I wanted to be free of complications and responsibility. Of course, every one always said “it’s different when you have your own” and I just smiled and thought to myself Yeah Right. Well some years passed and I found myself wanting to have kids. I’m sure you can imagine the horror I felt. Then I had my kids, and to my surprise, life is great. Yeah I can’t always just drop what I’m doing and go shopping or out with friends without lining up a sitter first, but I’m okay. I’m living day after day with two adorable little monsters that call me Mommy. They love me no matter what, even when I have a bad hair day or sudden breakout of acne. Matter of fact, my niece has told me numerous times that she can’t believe I’m a mom, and I haven’t decided if I should be offended or not by that comment. Life is great, fun, exciting. Yes sometimes I think about the good old days, when we could have quiet peaceful dinners at Restaurants, not just any joint that has a playground, about the days when I could sleep in until noon, of the days when shopping meant buying MYSELF a couple on new pairs of shoes. In those days I never knew I could feel a sense of happiness and satisfaction like I do now, to the 100th power. These days I can’t imagine my boring little life without the excitement of Diego learning new words, and Dylan sucking on his fat feet.

Sorry, back to the point. So last week I went out for dinner and movie with a couple of my friends/coworkers. FYI, these friends do NOT have kids. We were having a great time with our never ending pasta bowls and the subject of “NOT having kids” came up. OF course I’m stuck at the table with the ANTI-KID lovers. All the typical arguments came up such as “I’m to selfish” and “I like to be able to get up and go” and “I don’t like having to curve my spending” etc, etc, etc. I swore I would never ever be the one to say, “it’s different when you have your own” and yes ladies and gentlemen I said it. It came out before I even had a chance to stop it. Funny thing, I actually meant it, and I finally understood why people would always say that to me. I really doubt I changed any ones mind about having kids that night, but it’s not my job to either. The only point I’m pretty sure I got across was this: Yes life is a little more hectic, but it is worth it. I don’t see it as giving up anything when your living it but also enjoying it, yes my spending happens change- only because I buy my kids more stuff than myself, heck I probably spend way more now. Finally, you don’t know love until you have a child.

Phew, this has been bugging me all week, I really needed to vent. Thanks guys for listening.

Oh yeah, no one ever told me that when you have kids, your house would look like a tornado came through. Thanks guys.

 

share this on::

Facebook

Twitter

Pinterest

Digg

Add a comment »

This entry was posted on Monday, August 24, 2009. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...