Happy 2 and a Half!

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Dear Diego,

Two and a half years ago you came into our lives and turned it upside down, in a good way of course. I never knew how much I could love someone until I held you in my arms for the first time. I still like to hold  you in my arms just like when you were a baby, if you would only sit still long enough for me to. You are growing up so fast and I'm trying to keep up with you as best as I can. I learned to let go of you a little and let you be your own person. You are such a brilliant, caring, beautiful, intelligent, sweet boy. You are a wonderful friend and brother. I love when it when you say " I love you much Mama, to the moon and back". My heart melts. I love when you wake up you say "Goo morning Mama" and when I pick you up from school you are always excited to see me. I love that wonderful relationship you have with your Daddy. He is your best buddy and you are his as well. I know one day you will be a teenager and probablly will be embarassed when I tell you I love you in front of your friends, but I know deep down inside that you will always know how much you mean to me. So baby boy thank you for being my Son, my love, and making me as happy as you do.

Diego at 2 1/2


Wow! You sure can talk. Not to toot my own horn, but I always get compliments from your teachers and family how well spoken you are. When you were one, people thought you were way older because you could express yourself so well. Although I wish you spoke more Spanish than we anticipated, you do pretty well. You definitely understand everything when spoken to in Spanish, and everyday you add new Spanish words to your vocabulary. It really is adorable to hear you count in Spanish.

You are a dancing machine! You love to dance and listen to your music. I like to think you get this from me. Whatever we listen to you are sure to bob your head and shuffle your feet. Thanks to Yo Gabba Gabba and Biz's Beat of the day, you can even beat box. You like to pretend that your playing the piano on the headboard of my bed and you love your Idog and Ipod Shuffle.



Speaking of Yo Gabba Gabba, that is by far one of your favorite shows. I can't pull you away from the tv sometimes. You also enjoy Ni Hao Kai Lan, Max and Ruby or as you say "Wuby". You love Dora, Go Diego Go, The Backyardigans, Wubzy, Wonder Pets, well practically anything on Nick Jr.


Eating is your favorite thing to do. Mostly snacks and candy, and "chocwet". Besides the junk food, you also devour pizza and macaroni and cheese like the world is ending. You love chicken nuggets, bananas, strawberries, spaghetti, Pop tarts- thanks to Aunt Amy, french fries, toast, pancakes,crackers,goldfish, apples and any other fruit that Daddy gives you. You are mighty healthy. You no longer use a sippy cup, nope sippy cups are for babies. No matter how much I try to give you one you prefer a big boy cup.


Potty training has not been good to you. You use your potty for everything except to go potty. The mere mention of under wear you immediately give me the eye. The one time you ventured out of your diaper and into underwear you didn't make it to the potty, you totally flipped out, and since then you refuse to try again.You want nothing to do with it. So for now we are content with talking about the potty and reading your potty book until you decide you are ready.


Your favorite toys are your Hot Wheels cars. Let me tell you, it sure does hurt when Mommy is walking around barefoot and steps on one or two of those. You love trains, books, dinosaurs, your tools, your train table. You are also quite the little artist and love to color and paint. You like to bring home new  paintings you made and hang up in your room for all to see.


You are wonderful big brother. You love Dylan more than I thought you would, but you also love to pick on him and pillow fight with him You love your cousins, and sometimes you might be a little bossy when they come over to play with you.


I love you much Diego!

post signature

share this on::

Facebook

Twitter

Pinterest

Digg

Add a comment »

This entry was posted on Wednesday, February 3, 2010 and is filed under ,. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...