Mavs Nation

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

In case you missed it, the Dallas Mavericks are the 2010-2011 NBA Champions! And if you were not able to attend the parade last week, you missed out. I have been a long time Mavs fanatic, ever since Jason Kidd played with the Mavs back in the day. I was still in high school then and I was in LOVE with him. Even when he left I still was a huge fan and followed his career. So you can imagine how happy I was when he came back to Dallas. Oh, and at one point, pre -baby and pre marriage days, I had two baby turtles that I named Steve Nash and Dirk I will admit I might have shed a few tears that awesome night when they BEAT the Heat and became THE CHAMPIONS! I might have also sent my friend a text saying this day was up there in emotion and happiness much like the day I gave birth to my babies-unforgettable. I spent the next two days watching ESPN , replaying highlights and interviews with the players. I knew I would be at the parade. My sister and niece joined me, and although we got a late start and not so great spot in the crowd anxiously waiting for the parade to start, it was beyond amazing. A sea of blue, white and green gathered throughout Downtown Dallas. We even chatted up some complete strangers on the DART, who were all on the way to the parade as well. It was hot but totally worth it, once you got a glimpse of the players passing us by. The crowd cheered and chanted, and it only got louder when the gracious and humble Dirk floated by.






Lets Go Mavs!
post signature

share this on::

Facebook

Twitter

Pinterest

Digg

1 Comment »

This entry was posted on Wednesday, June 22, 2011 and is filed under ,. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

One Response to “Mavs Nation”

Anonymous said...

Funny! I caught hubby several times watching the game! I am a fan but not as much as you guys!ML

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...