Grapevine Sealife Aquarium

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Last weekend we visited the new aquarium in  Grapevine Mills Mall. Diego had been asking for days to go to the aquarium and see the sharks. We were pretty pumped about going. First let me give my honest opinion about the aquarium. It is quite small. For the price and all the buzz I was expecting something bigger. The exhibits were nice and the boys loved it, but I was some what disappointed.  I realize, this is not Sea World or anything like Texas State Aquarium ( which I love), but for my boys it was perfect.







I did like that they interactive activities throughout the aquarium. Diego was even brave enough to stick his hand in the tank and touch the starfish





This was my favorite part. The 360 degree underwater tunnel. For some reason my boys were scared to walk through. It was not the fish swimming over their heads, but the floor where there was fish underneath us as well. We had this happen at the zoo and the park, with walking over a bridge. So the first time we had to carry them through the tunnel. We decided to go back and make  encourage them to walk through on their own. At first they were hesistant, but then they realized it was not scary at all, and they were able to enjoy the tunnel.




My pictures are pretty grainy. You aren't allowed to use a flash, and my camera can't handle ISO's and the aquarium was pretty dark.







share this on::

Facebook

Twitter

Pinterest

Digg

1 Comment »

This entry was posted on Sunday, October 9, 2011 and is filed under ,. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

One Response to “Grapevine Sealife Aquarium”

Anonymous said...

SUPER NEAT! YOU NEED TO TEXT ME HOW MUCH THEY CHARGE THERE!LV-- ML

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...